About the park

The land now known as Dysart Park was given to the people of Grantham on 6th July 1908 by Sir Lionel William John Manners, late Earl of Dysart. In his will he gave precise instructions regarding the land, that it be used for recreation purposes only.

Dysart Park Action Group was formed in 2007 by a few dog walkers who felt that the park was being neglected. A Family Fun Day has been held every year since and now is a very successful part of the Grantham Summer programme.